Blackberry Tea: A Drop Swirl Technique with Soap Dough Embeds

Blackberry Tea: A Drop Swirl Technique with Soap Dough Embeds

The soap will be part of my Fall 2021 soap collection! It's scented in Blackberry Bramble Tea (and smells so good)! This cold process soap uses a technique called the drop swirl. There are a variety of ways you can do this technique! Stay tuned for an in depth tutorial coming around mid September.

#soapdough #dropswirltechnique #coldprocesssoap #soapdoughembeds #artisansoap

0:00 Blackberry Tea - A Drop Swirl Technique
0:10 Making Soap Dough Flowers
1:13 Pouring the Base
1:34 Adding the Color Drop Swirl
2:08 Swirling the Soap
2:22 Placing the Soap Dough Flowers
3:30 Cutting the Soap

I wanted this soap to be more than just a drop swirl, so I decided to use some blue soap dough I had to create flowers that I would embed on top of the soap. I used my cutter and mold from Blossom Sugar Art to make the flowers. As you can see they take a little bit of time to make. I condition my soap dough and then roll it out to flatten and smooth it. From there I have to cut out the flowers. Finally, once they're all cut I use the mold to create a flower impression on the soap and give the soap pieces some depth.

Once the flowers were prepared I then make my base soap. I used the same two blue colors as my flower for my swirl. Once the base was poured I added the flowers to the top! I really love how the soap turned out. The fragrance discolored the base from white to a light tan/yellow, but I actually think it works really well with the design!

Music Credit:
Believe by Alexander Nakarada
Link: https://filmmusic.io/song/4850-believe
License: https://filmmusic.io/standard-license

soap makingcold process soap makingcold process soap

Post a Comment

0 Comments