Flying Scotsman, storm Arwen and a thoroughly frustrating day. 27 November 2021

Flying Scotsman,  storm Arwen   and a thoroughly frustrating day.  27 November 2021

Following a night without electricity (and it's only on such occasions that we discover how totally dependant we are on it these days) I found myself unable to discover
a) whether Flying Scotsman was actually running today
b) if so, which route she was following - different websites gave different information - and
c) whether any public transport was available to get me to Carlisle.

The video will tell how I made it only to find that 60103 had arrived hours earlier than expected and had already cleared the station, no-one seemed to know when she would leave for her return journey and yet, despite the freezing temperatures and the very early darkness, the usual crowds had turned out to view the iconic loco, making filming almost impossible.

It was of course good to meet up with several old friends - and make some new ones!

I therefore offer the few snippets I was able to capture.

QuintinshillGretna GreenDumfries and Galloway

Post a Comment

0 Comments