The Famous Empress Hotel | Only Operational for two years | Destination Adventure

The Famous Empress Hotel | Only Operational for two years | Destination Adventure

My time in Stewart was a little bit shorter than I had hoped, but I still got to fit in some awesome adventures and see some amazing history. This is the Empress hotel, and it caught my eye when I very first arrived. Seeing an old building like this, I always get excited to produce a story on it, but I did not expect to learn about the interesting history behind this one. The building its-self has had several different lives, but the original intention of a hotel never saw its potential. It is unfortunate, because the building is so beautiful and would have made an amazing hotel, especially if it was maintained over the years. All in all though, the building is in great shape given that it is more than 100 years old and has to handle the tough north western winters, often suffering though 30+ feet of snow.
I have my suspicions that the Empress hotel may not get another shot at life, but the bones are still strong and the building would be great for a variety of purposes.
If you enjoy this channel, and the history I try to preserve, please consider supporting on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/DestinationAdventure

Much love to you all.

abandonedurbexurban exploring

Post a Comment

0 Comments